Monday, September 13, 2010

Converting to an EV

Why do conversion:
Saving environment for future, reduce dependency on oil, driving alone on Car Pool Lane and learning something new are few reasons I started thinking about converting an old ICE car to an Electric Vehicle.
What do I convert:
I started to think I'll convert my 94 Honda Civic with 208K miles on the dashboard, until I met Mike B in San Jose Electric Auto Association. Mike asked me why am I thinking of converting, what kind of car and why newer cars. He showed his converted car and I was impressed with the cool, old car. I was more  fascinated by the simple design he had implemented. The more I looked at his car, more convinced I was that this is something that I should consider.
In couple of days, I decided to convert an MGB, by MG - a British car.  There you go - an Indian born, American who never went to UK, decides to buy an old British car. I never thought I would buy a car this old and my '94 Civic was old enough for me 

No comments:

Post a Comment